CircuIT Recruitment Group Pty Ltd ACN 141 687 747 ('CircuIT Recruitment') is committed to protecting your privacy, personal and sensitive information.
In line with the Australian Privacy Act 1988 (Schedule 3 of the Act, a copy can be obtained at, http://www.privacy.gov.au/publications/npps01.html) as applicable to recruitment companies, CircuIT Recruitment operates according to a strict policy that covers privacy and security in both our online and offline business practices.
Personal and sensitive information we collect
CircuIT Recruitment collects personal information related to the practice of recruitment including:
- Personal information collected in the course of the recruitment and management process including;
- Information included in your application or CV, for example, your name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, career history, and details of any competency tests or other information relating to your career including information collected and recorded from reference checking;
- Information collected and recorded from CircuIT Recruitment’s website;
- All personal information that is normally required to be transferred between an employee and an employer in the context of an employment relationship, including but not limited to tax file number, banking details and information that might be relevant for immigration purposes.
We only seek to collect sensitive information when it is necessary for a client assignment. In such cases, we would only do so with your consent, or if required by law or if necessary in connection with a legal or equitable claim.
Should you choose not to provide us with your information, or certain pieces of information, you may limit our ability to place you in the job you are seeking.
How we collect personal information
Personal information is collected in the following ways:
- When you submit your CV and details for the purpose of finding employment;
- Referees or from other persons who are known to you;
- From our website www.circuitrecruitment.com.au;
- Employment websites where you have chosen to publish your CV for employers to review i.e. SEEK, LinkedIn;
- We may also collect personal information about you in our dealings with you in person by phone, email, letter or fax.
Use of personal information
Personal information is only used for the purpose that it was collected. Your personal information may be used for any one of the following:
- In relation to potential and actual employment opportunities with CircuIT Recruitment’s Clients;
- Assessment of performance;
- Any test or assessment (including medical, competency and psychometric assessments);
- Our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved;
- Any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal information;
- No information collected at CircuIT Recruitment is transferred or sold to third parties for the use of promotional marketing.
Disclosure of personal information
Personal information is only disclosed to:
- Potential and actual employers and clients of CircuIT Recruitment;
- Our insurers;
- A professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information;
- A Workers Compensation body;
- The Department of Immigration and Citizenship to verify your right to work in Australia;
- Any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information.
Security of your personal information
Your personal information will be stored in hardcopy and electronically in a secure environment at our office premises. We will store your personal information for a reasonable period of time necessary for us to provide services to you. At any time, you may request that your personal information be destroyed.
Gaining access to the information we hold about you
Subject to some exceptions which are set out in the National Privacy Principles (Principle 6 - Access and Correction of Personal Information), you have a right to see and have a copy of personal and sensitive information that we hold about you.
If you establish that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is not accurate, and complete, we will take reasonable steps to correct it. If we are unable to agree that the information we hold about you is accurate, you may ask us to place, with the information a statement by you that claims that particular information is not accurate, complete and up to date.
In accordance with The Privacy Amendment [Private Sector] Act 2000 that states a company may require the applicant to meet the reasonable costs of providing this access, a moderate fee may be charged.
How to contact us
If you wish to contact us about your personal or sensitive information, please go to our Contact page.
Further Privacy Information
For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner's web site at http://www.privacy.gov.au/.